Thursday, May 14, 2020

Day59 - 05142020

Made my own Maltose. It was a lot harder and time consuming than I can imagine it! It takes 7 days sprouting the wheat grain, 6 hours' fermenting sticky rice, 30 minutes straining out the sugar water, 1.5 hours boiling sugar water plus anything in between and the lousy cleaning work, wow! Only a tiny little bit of the end product. But knowing nothing artificial in it, it's worthy!
Well, I grew the wheat sprouts and then let it ferment with cooked sticky rice.
It looks success, but I think that I let it ferment a bit too long and it turned a bit sour.
After I strained the sugar water out and boiling it to reduce down to maltose, I ran out of patience. I ended it earlier than it should be, though it took me a bit of more than an hour. Also the bottom of the pot started to burn.
I wondered that I can maybe have the sugar water in the oven with low temperature instead. It should reduce the sugar water without burning!

Trying to learn some no sew, no cut Toga.

First time ever to have the calendar in front of me so I can see what day and date!

It's time for some sweets, walnut date oatmeal cookies without butter, delicious!

My soybean sprouting fell, the beans are very old, who knows how old that is!? That probably is the reason why it won't sprout! Continuing trying, that is!

Today is Thursday that makes tomorrow a Friday!

The stay-at-home order been extended to end of August!

The grocery price spikes, let's find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment