Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Day64 - 05192020

The past Saturday night right before the bed time, my throat started hurting.
That really got on my nerves, not only the next day I am going to go to church to lead the prayer meeting but also the pandemic. Any tiny thing will make me worried.
Quickly I gargled with salty water several times until all the hurt gone.

Found two pairs of very old but still sturdy and useful garden gloves. If I could find them earlier, then I don't need to get those cheap ones. Happy and sad!

Our home internet is kind of slow. I felt so upset and inpatient every time in between the waiting for it to upload the next page. Starting now I will play the worship songs and do some simple exercise moves while I am waiting. Praising and exercise with rhythm!

Finally, cook the quinoa and learned something about it. The nature creations always have some ways to protect themselves, even they cannot talk or move! The following is some facts that I found on the Internet, read on!
"Rinse the quinoa: Pour the quinoa into a fine mesh colander and rinse under running water for at least 30 seconds. Drain well. This step removes any bitterness on the outside of the quinoa (caused by naturally occurring saponins)."
"Saponins are a naturally occurring phytochemical that give unwashed quinoa a bitter taste. Saponins are found on various structures of many plants, depending on the species, such as stems, flowers, bulbs, leaves, seeds etc. In quinoa specifically, most of the saponin is concentrated on the seed. During growth, saponins acts as the quinoa plant’s natural protection from pests, however, the bitter flavor they produce is also a mild digestive irritant, and is a deterrent for human consumption when not properly removed."

Sadly, I followed the instructions for cooking quinoa but it turned out like porridge. Anyway, I ate it with the fish floss that I made the other. Sadness turned into joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment