Sunday, June 28, 2020

Day104 - 06282020 Sunday

Start to weeding again here and there.

Is it called edmame or soybean plant?
"Edamame /ˌɛdəˈmɑːmeɪ/ is a preparation of immature soybeans in the pod, found in cuisines with origins in East Asia."
For a long time I thought it is edamame plant.
I buried the fail sprouting soybeans as the fertilizer. Most of it didn't sprout. I didn't bury it too deep intentionally. Because the ones that did sprout can still have the chance to grow into plants and it did.
I want to try to sprouting the soybean again. I will adjust some of the ways that I did. By soaking it for a longer time and rid of the skin for it as possible and spread it only one single layer for sprouting. The reason why I want to rid of the skin for it because I found that the soybeans' skins are thinker (if compare to mung beans) and harder to fall off by itself and this will hinder it to sprout. And why only single layer, the soybean sprouts are very fragile (again if compare to mung beans) by this way I won't break the sprouts accidentally while I rinse it with water twice a day. On second thought the cause of failure of sprouting maybe the quality of the soybean is bad!

My kids are not really appropriate the garden or plants that I've grown. Are most of kids like that? Are they too young to appreciate the nature? Or they are too busy to pay attention to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment