Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Day78 - 06022020

Writing about my thoughts has become my essential daily routine.

i cooked the bean sprouts, but it tastes funny, with a bit of bitterness. I did expose the bean sprouts to light couples of minutes each time while thoroughly washing and draining the water.

And the following is are the facts about the bitter taste that I found.

"Why do sprouts taste bitter? For bean sprouts, you can try eating the sprout when the root shoot is still short, around the length of the soaked seed. In addition, be careful to discard any husks when rinsing, as these contribute to bitterness, particularly with mung beans."
That totally makes sense now, I never want to waste anything if I could, so I didn't discard the husks. Next time I will take away the husks, but save it separately so I that we still can consume it later on with the sprouts.

Thorough research ahead of time is a must! There is no shortcut if you want it the way it should be!

Cutting board, cutting order. 

You have cheese, fruits, meat, vegetables that don't need to be washed, vegetables that have been washed and garlic on hand. Do you cut the cheese first, then the fruit, the garlic, the meat, the washed vegetables and the unwashed vegetables. By this order you only need to wash the cutting board once. Trust me the cutting board will be very easy to be cleaned by going in this order.

I always clean the cutting board thoroughly after each use. Also, I dry it either with the residual heat from the stove/oven or both right after I am done cooking. Therefore, I never bother to have the separate cutting boards for raw and cooked foods.

I bought a pair of garden scissors last week.

Hope the protest will end soon peacefully!

With this curfew thing, the night becomes quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment